See if you qualify
To qualify for iCanConnect, you must meet the program’s federal disability and income guidelines.
Combined vision and hearing loss
Significant vision loss is defined as having at least one of the following conditions:
- Visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with corrective lenses
- A field defect such that the peripheral diameter of the visual field is no greater than 20 degrees
- Progressive visual loss with a prognosis leading to one or both of above conditions
Significant hearing loss is defined as having at least one of the following conditions:
- Chronic hearing disabilities so severe that most speech cannot be understood with optimum amplification
- Progressive hearing loss having a prognosis leading to above condition
A professional must attest to your hearing and vision loss in writing. Examples of professionals include:
- a community service provider
- healthcare provider
- vision or hearing professional
- vocational rehabilitation counselor
- medical or health professional
iCanConnect income guidelines
To qualify for iCanConnect, you must also meet the program’s household income guidelines.
- Your household income is within 400 percent of the federal poverty level (see household income chart below)
- You are automatically income eligible if you can provide documentation that you are currently enrolled in a federal program with an income eligibility requirement that does not exceed 400% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, such as: Medicaid; Supplemental Security Income (SSI); federal public housing assistance or Section 8; food stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP); or Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit. Otherwise, you must provide proof of all household income that does not exceed 400% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
To participate in the program, your household income must not exceed 400% of 2021 Federal Poverty Guidelines
|Number of persons in family/household||400% for everywhere, except Alaska and Hawaii||400% for Alaska||400% for Hawaii|
|For each additional person, add||$18,160||$22,720||$20,880|